Scenario Planning gives organisations insight into possible future paths by developing a limited set of realistic and diverging scenarios. And thus, based on these scenarios a plan for the future can be built.
When using Scenario planning, your organization will not be surprised by future developments. Because it will recognize these developments, your organisation can then take the right decisions and implement improvement actions quickly. Scenarios also help to inspire the development of new and creative ideas about markets/products and even the organisation.
At the present time it is important to be prepared for different Covid scenarios. As a result of Scenario Planning, organisations are able to respond effectively to the uncertainties of this pandemic.
Firstly the participants will be able to independently draw up various realistic scenarios for the future. Secondly to make plans based on these scenarios. And lastly to substantiate these plans financially.
In order to transfer knowledge dynamically and interactively, real life case studies will be used. Furthermore, there will be both quizzes and polls. In other words: this course stimulates and expects active participation.
The course takes 1 day.
Content of Scenario Planning
- Creating scenarios
- Identify important and uncertain developments
- Select key developments based on probability and impact
- Build scenarios based on selected developments
- Making a scenario plan
- Identify and quantify the main opportunities and risks
- Identify and quantify improvement actions
- Present the result of improvement actions under different scenarios
- Sketch the outlines of an implementation plan
- Using scenarios for strategy development and investment decisions
- Success factors in Scenario Planning
The course is specifically created for managers and professionals involved in strategy development and / or business optimisation. For example: strategy advisers, business planners, consultants, policy managers, analysts, financial managers and controllers.
- Laptop with Excel and Powerpoint.
- A basic knowledge of financial / economic terminology.
- Level is post-academic.
SPBI can also realise Scenario Planning at your company, furthermore there is the possibility to adjust the course to your specific needs. For more information, you can contact both Tridata and SPBI.
Because of the pandemic the course is constructed for interactive and dynamic online participation as well.
Dates for 2023 – Scenario Planning
The costs per person are € 750.
The course is exempted from VAT (tariff 0%) and includes course material and a participant certificate as well as coffee/tea and a luxury lunch.
Europalaan 400 | 3526 KS Utrecht or virtual.
Raoul Scheepmaker and Hein Dungelmann. See About Us.